18 May 2014

HANS & BELLE


Yay!! Another piece of heaven has opened here in Jakarta and it's located near my home! It's Hans & Belle everybody, you can't imagine how excited I am! We came here immediately after visiting Mr. Crabby for desserts. As the tagline goes, today is about all-things-sweet 

You can find its whereabout inside Puri Indah Mall on the top floor near KFC (forget KFC, these two are just incomparable and I don't want you to imagine those...oh, let's just move on!) just beside the Michelin Star achiever, Din Tai Fung. With the overwhelming cuteness, you certainly won't miss it!

Also, you might think that this is the Mr. Jones Orphanage from Thailand, cause I won't lie, they are SUPER similar but no... It's different, really.


Aaandddd.... *drumrolls* this was my first sight upon arriving! You can easily see how beautifully crafted and designed the interior is: sweet, childish (I mean in a good way), and warm. It feels like you're not in a family shopping mall anymore; the instant you come in, you stepped in a dreamland!


Their desserts showcase. By looking at it, you can't help but wish you could try them all! So for now, let me take you deeper inside the room and let your wildest imagination do the magic!




"Cake is the answer. Who cares what the question is."
For today, let these words be the answer to all of your problem and miseries.





Are you starting to hear your favorite childhood song? I must confess I've got "twinkle twinkle little star" being hummed inside my head. Childish? Whatever you tell me 


Moving on to the tasting parade! I ordered what really caught my eyes from the menu, and whoops, watch where your drool is falling!

OPEN FACE BACON MOZZARELLA SANDWICH IDR 40K
Creamy egg white, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise & bacon with salad green.

..or at least that's what they said on the menu. BUT let me tell you that the taste was not as simple! Imagine this in your head: perfectly toasted white bread with juicy bacon bits, fresh salad, smartly combined with the richness of creamy mayonnaise, egg white, and melted mozzarella!



SPAGHETTI AGLIO OLIO IDR 35K
Traditional pasta with tuna & olive oil, spicy or non-spicy.

My mom said, or I don't know whoever said, to never judge a book by its cover. Another supporting source also says that classic is best. You know what? I'm starting to doubt that quote after trying this.

I don't know what went wrong in the kitchen and not wishing to know either. This poorly presented, also poorly cooked, plate, is just plainly disappointing :( Plain, bland, and all you could taste was olive oil on overly cooked pasta, and let me tell you, the only tuna there is the ones you can see in the picture, that's literally it. Let's not waste any more time and move on to the next piece!


MR. BUNNY'S FARM (S) IDR 22K
As this place specializes on desserts, I must tell you that this made my visit worthwhile. If you hated carrot as a kid, or to be precise, horrified every time you were forced to chew it on your mom's order, you can try this to erase your lifelong nightmare of how scary carrot was! Sublime!


KUNG-FU PANDA (S) IDR 22K
Of course it wasn't enough to just represent the whole place with just one piece of cake, so I ordered another one (or at least that's my justification to have another plate! yay!)

Classic dark chocolate cake beneath the cute panda face. I know I know, it was so tough for me to cut the panda into pieces. How could I? Thankfully, it is just a piece of chocolate that is removable! When you get to taste the cake...Yum. Rich with a perfect blend of bittersweet chocolate taste. Elegant and smooth, it easily goes through the throat with its softness.











..what? is it over already? but mommyyyy!!! I don't wanna go home just yet!

Well, my curfew calls and I've got to go, so...till next time friends!!!




Hans & Belle

Puri Indah Mall
2nd level, unit 202
Jl. Puri Agung Puri Indah, Jakarta 11610
021-58354426

Opening Hours :

Everyday : 10:00 am - 10:00 pm

WEBSITE

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
INSTAGRAM



No comments:

Post a Comment